Tuesday, June 16, 2009

And a letter came...

It was late Saturday afternoon when I got the letters out of the Mail box. Decater Alabama. What the heck is this? OMG its the letter! Its the letter!
My boyfriend Carl says, "What is that? I think I've drove there before."
I have not told him about my project. It's kinda a secret. I mean its not really, but I guess I don't want him to think I'm silly, wasting my time. I should tell him, besides its not him that I'm used to the smart ass remarks from, It was my previous mistake. And Carl is not a mistake.

I avoid the question and go on with my mail, shoving it to the back. When I have some privacy I decide to open it. This by the way is killing me. I go off into the bedroom to open the letter.

The manuscript on the envelope is dainty and fine-antique really. I believe its from an older woman. Jane must be older. I open the envelope and find inside a letter that is folded. It is my letter, the same letter that I sent to her. Inside is the $25. I'm dissapointed. I should be happier that she sent it back and happier that I even got a response. Maybe I made her think about it, but there was no note, no explination so I'm guessing that she focused on the line that said,
" If you don’t feel comfortable at all doing this then simply send this money back in the envelope I provided for you and I will resend it to someone else."

So I guess were back to finding my first person. Maybe this time I'll get it right. I just recently visited Iowa, and had never really been in the state....I think my next person will be from iowa...and I'm thinking an man....

No comments: