Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Letter Project

Sometimes in my life I feel like even though I have a hundred million things going on it seems to not have any prominence or meaning. It lacks importance, I need something, something to make me feel like my life has an importance, so I have come up with a solution...The Letter Project. I'm not quite sure how this is going to work out but my rough draft plan is to randomly pick out 12 people through out the US over the next year, send them a letter and include $25,( I'm not rich by any means) and a post addressed envelope back to my address..(or PO BOX). The only thing that I ask of them is to figure out how to use that money to do something for someone or the community that is a selfless and random act of kindness. If they can I ask they take pictures and write me back and tell me how they used the money that way I can add it to my blog. If they can't think of a way to use the money and use it for that reason-then I will ask them to please return it to me in the envelope.

I'm a true believer that goodness is created from a cycle that keeps on growing, and maybe here I can start my own cycle. Selfless Random acts of Kindness are beneficial to people in so many ways. One thing you do today could have an impact on dozens of people.

I'm so excited to start this and I hope I get the results I want-although I'm not naive to the fact that people might just use this money and not right me back at all-I do hope that is not the case...and that God will help me chose the right people.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a COOL idea you are doing with the RAK letter... Good Luck to you!

Lisa